History

Copyright UNISTAHLDie Anfänge der UNISTAHL am Beginn der 60er Jahre des vergangenen Jahrhunderts in den Osttiroler Alpen, hier bei der Verlegung einer Druckrohrleitung, geben ein Beispiel über die technische Entwicklung unserer Zeit.

The UNISTAHL company history starts in 1959 with the founding of the predecessor of today’s company. At this time, the main business areas were cast iron pipelines for Vienna public utilities and NIOGAS as well as the conversion of the Vienna Gas Company, Schoeller Bleckmann and Böhler pipeline network to carry natural gas. UNISTAHL was also at this time a pioneer company in the area of the laying of plastic pipelines.

A variety of company names, restructurings and mergers lead finally in 1997 to the registration of today’s UNISTAHL Bau- und Rohrleitungsbau GmbH by the new owner, INTEGRAL – Montage Anlagen- und Rohrtechnik Gesellschaft m.b.H. The tradition company UNISTAHL has thus since this point in time been a member of the INTEGRAL-Gruppe and offers improved activities in deep pipeline construction as well as in the construction of the gas and district heating networks in eastern Austria. As a new member of the INTEGRAL-Gruppe, Unistahl furthermore offers improved entry opportunities in the buidling services engineering sector.

During the following years, subsiduaries were founded in Amstetten and Rum bei Innsbruck, in order to extend the range of services to the whole of Austria.

In 2010 the building services engineering department of UNISTAHL was spun off into a separate company, UNIGT GmbH, as a result of which, since this timepoint, UNISTAHL concentrates on its core competences, the construction of industrial plant and pipelines.